MX-68 PoE+ ports

Solved
MRyan
Here to help

MX-68 PoE+ ports

All the documentation states that ports 11/12 on the MX-68 are PoE+ ports, yet only port 11 will deliver PoE power. I was connecting two Avaya VoIP phones, but only port 11 will power the phone, but I can use port 12 as a regular LAN port.  Is there a different power supply needed to be able to power both PoE+ ports?

1 Accepted Solution

Oh yes, swapped things around, cables, phones, etc.. it was the device itself. They sent me a new one and both PoE ports work flawlessly

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

The two PoE ports are identical and there is only one power supply model. So if port 11 is working and port 12 isn’t (assuming you’ve nothing plugged into port 11, and so can’t be over the PoE budget), then I’d log a support call as you may have a faulty device.

EDIT: I’m assuming you tried swapping the phones around to make sure it’s not a faulty phone or a phone configuration issue.

Oh yes, swapped things around, cables, phones, etc.. it was the device itself. They sent me a new one and both PoE ports work flawlessly

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels