MX 67 supplying backup Internet via cellular for another network

SOLVED
Toby
Getting noticed

MX 67 supplying backup Internet via cellular for another network

As the picture shows if the "ISP router" goes down or some problem arises with the connection it uses the network will become disconnected. I'm wondering if it's a viable option to add the MX67 to supply a backup internet connection via the cellular of the MX67 for the MX80 at the site as suggested in the picture. This would be done by converting the 2nd Lanport of the MX80 to a wanport and connecting it to a lanport of the MX67.

Note that the network is currently operating as the picture shows besides whats contained inside the "Suggestion" box.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes this should work

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Why not use the meraki MG?

Toby
Getting noticed

These are the devices which are available for me to work with, and it's a temporary solution.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes this should work

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

An interesting option to consider is weather to make the MX67 your primary device.  Performance wise, the MX67 will beat the crap out of the much older MX80.  You'd have to test it out and see how it went.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth wrote:

An interesting option to consider is weather to make the MX67 your primary device.  Performance wise, the MX67 will beat the crap out of the much older MX80.  You'd have to test it out and see how it went.

If it's available to you, I like this option. The 67s are pretty beefy compared to something old like an 80.

Nice suggestion!

I've been looking at the specs and the 67 indeed have higher throughput specified. Out of curiosity, are the actual hardware specs documented somewhere, such as ram/cpu/storage? I've been trying to find such info but failed.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>are the actual hardware specs documented somewhere, such as ram/cpu/storage

No.

As long as performance features are met, who's interested in how much RAM a box has?

The good thing about Meraki: data sheets are actually quite conservative when it comes to througput or users.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels