MX 17.6 broke splash page

CWMARS
Getting noticed

MX 17.6 broke splash page

Has anyone else encounter the issue of a blank splash page after the firmware upgrade to 17.6 on MX devices using the onboard wireless settings?  We have multiple locations reporting this and the only resolution is to downgrade to 15.44.  The firmware 16.16 only works if we allow non-http traffic prior to login and enable walled garden.  We do not want to do that so we are downgrading all MXs with onboard wifi to 15.44.

Just wondered if we were the only ones seeing this behavior as Meraki is stating no known issue being reported.

Thanks,

Anne

Anne Savoie
2 REPLIES 2
Nomad
Here to help

This is the first time setting up a Splash Page on a MX64 via Template and it didn't work for me. Version is MX 17.10.2 and the SSID is bridged to a VLAN (Guest-Vlan). When i try to connect to this SSID via Smartphone or Desktop Browser (FF, Edge, even IE), the Splash Page is blank. Is this a confirmed bug/issue meanwhile? Actually my intention is to roll this out for more than 50 Networks via Template..

Thanks,

Nomad

CWMARS
Getting noticed

Hi Nomad,

We have a case open but it does not seem to be a priority.  Here's the last update from Meraki support - "Unfortunately, I do not have any additional updates from our engineering team currently."  Case has been open since April 2022.  Our workaround is staying on MX version 15.44, it's the only version that works with the Splash page.

Thanks,
Anne
Anne Savoie
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels