Trunking a MX250 HA to MS425 to run a MS450-12 as CoreL3

SOLVED
OM1000
Here to help

Trunking a MX250 HA to MS425 to run a MS450-12 as CoreL3

Hello everyone, 

I have been getting mixed answers and want to confirm this topology. 
Am I able to have a MX250 HA pair, LACP to MX425-16 by SFP+. Then run QSFP+ 40G from the MS425-16 Uplink to the MS450-12 40G ports as the QSFP28 ports don’t lower link speeds and also is an uplink port. Using MTP OS2 or OM5 jumpers. 

Then trunking 40G QSFP+ to all my MS390-48UX’s. 

Will this work or I am skipping over a thought? 

Thanks much for your time understanding…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Everything else looks good, just that the 2x 10Gb links to the MX will be in active/passive mode with one being blocked at the switch end by spanning tree.  Don't set the links to the MX up as a port channel on the switches, just do two matching ports.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

MX doesn’t support LACP. The recommended topologies are listed here

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Everything else looks good, just that the 2x 10Gb links to the MX will be in active/passive mode with one being blocked at the switch end by spanning tree.  Don't set the links to the MX up as a port channel on the switches, just do two matching ports.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As @Ryan_Miles said MX does not support LACP, also read It:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Link_Aggregation_a...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels