MX 14.51 -> 15.42.1 release notes?

SOLVED
Crocker
Building a reputation

MX 14.51 -> 15.42.1 release notes?

When reviewing the release notes for 15.42.1, I found myself wondering if they covered all of the changes between 14.51 and 15.42.1, or just the changes between 15.42 and 15.42.1

Is this the case, or do I need to review every release between these two MX software versions to understand the scope of the changes/feature enhancements/gotchas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Crocker : Mainly if you see the Mx 15 feature highlights which is not there in 14.51 

Fixed issue in 15.1 which was there in 14

• BGP-learned routes will no longer be exported via OSPF

Features added in 15.11

• Added the ability to download diagnostic information from the local status page for the Meraki Support team to examine
  • Added support for the MX67(C,W), MX68(W,CW), and Z3C platforms on MX 15
  • Added support for reporting of flows blocked by layer 7 firewall rules to syslog
  • Added firmware support for whitelisting domain from being redirected to Umbrella

Features added in 15.42.1

• Added support for Cisco Umbrella integration
  • Added support for establishing non-Meraki VPN tunnels using IKEv2
  • Added support for configuring source-based default routes
  • Local breakout of SaaS applications to use public Internet links instead of Auto VPN tunnels. L3 breakout policies are available with all license tiers. Smart application breakouts are available with the Secure SD-WAN Plus license.
  • More stability for Z3 devices

all versions in between are beta versions. 

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Crocker : 15.42.1 is simply 15.42 just have a look below

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/New-MX-firmware-15-42-1-release-channel/m-p/114407

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com
Crocker
Building a reputation

@Inderdeep Thanks for passing that along.

I guess I should clarify what I'm asking. All of our MX/Z3 devices are running MX14.51, at some point soon we're going to want to update to the latest stable release (15.42.1).

I want to review all of the changes, enhancements, and gotchas between those versions - preferably in one place vs. going through every set of release notes between 14.51 and 15.42.1. If there is a way to do so, that is.

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Crocker : Mainly if you see the Mx 15 feature highlights which is not there in 14.51 

Fixed issue in 15.1 which was there in 14

• BGP-learned routes will no longer be exported via OSPF

Features added in 15.11

• Added the ability to download diagnostic information from the local status page for the Meraki Support team to examine
  • Added support for the MX67(C,W), MX68(W,CW), and Z3C platforms on MX 15
  • Added support for reporting of flows blocked by layer 7 firewall rules to syslog
  • Added firmware support for whitelisting domain from being redirected to Umbrella

Features added in 15.42.1

• Added support for Cisco Umbrella integration
  • Added support for establishing non-Meraki VPN tunnels using IKEv2
  • Added support for configuring source-based default routes
  • Local breakout of SaaS applications to use public Internet links instead of Auto VPN tunnels. L3 breakout policies are available with all license tiers. Smart application breakouts are available with the Secure SD-WAN Plus license.
  • More stability for Z3 devices

all versions in between are beta versions. 

Regards/Inder
www.thenetworkdna.com
Crocker
Building a reputation

@Inderdeep Excellent, thanks for summarizing!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels