MERAKI Z1

SOLVED
cisco_Meraki
Getting noticed

MERAKI Z1

Hi!

Can somebody please assist me with my query on the meraki z1,accordingt o my research there isint advanced security license for the meraki z1 harware.Does this means that i shouldn't deploy it in my organization if i am using advanced security license? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Do you mean that you're already using a security license? Your equipment will operate but I'm not sure that you cannot apply any configurations. If your license is already in use by another Z1 you need an additional.

Enthusiast

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Do you mean that you're already using a security license? Your equipment will operate but I'm not sure that you cannot apply any configurations. If your license is already in use by another Z1 you need an additional.

Enthusiast

i am actually helping my client.They are using an advanced security for all the firewalls they have curently.so i need an advice that if we can introduce the Z1 In the same organization,will it function?

Hi @cisco_Meraki,

Z1's wont be able to do Advanced security features. You can get Enterprise license (for the Z1 only) and add it to the same organization.

Thank you so much MauH

I really appreciate your assistance..

You are welcome @cisco_Meraki if my reply answered your question please feel free to mark as solution for the thread

Thank you!

the team was discharged, but we can not access it anymore because it asks for a username and password which we do not have and if we try to add it to a new account it tells me that it is already in use

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A Z1 can't do advanced security - but you can use it in an Organisation that has advanced security licences.

Thanks Philip

I like that answer....Thank you!

We were skeptical about this as well. What we do is full tunnel the connection to our MX600 which has the advanced security features. At that point, the users at the Z1 site follow the rules from the MX600.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Matt_Collins
Getting noticed

The idea of the Z1 is to Auto-VPN back into something larger, It has always been designed to be a SOHO devices and to hang off a larger supported platform, The local breakout was designed to be used as a way of connecting to the ISP that is connected into the office/house without interfering with the corporate network i.e so family member can use the Wifi but not transverse the corporate network but to just break out locally

NSGuru
Getting noticed

From my understanding the Z1s do not support any advanced security such as Threat Protection or Content Filtering. You will need an MX64 or higher to support these features as well as the proper licensing. 

Cloud Network Engineer | cloudIT
Certified Meraki Networking Associate

Kudo this if it helped! 🙂
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels