Local INternet Breakout option

Solved
AlaNaifa
Here to help

Local INternet Breakout option

Hi all,

I am going through this documentation and i was wondering when i can see the option of Local internet breakout under the Security & SD-WAN > SD-WAN and Traffic Shaping.

do i need to have the device in Spoke with Default route first ? because in the page currently i am not finding that option.

VPN Full-Tunnel Exclusion (Application and IP/URL Based Local Internet Breakout) - Cisco Meraki Docu...

1 Accepted Solution
SamerAl
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi AlaNaifa,

Yes that is right ,if you configure the MX as a Spoke and the IPv4 Default Route was checked, the MX would be doing full-tunnel VPN to the hub site, sending 100% of its traffic to the hub, and thus a Local Internet breakout option would be present on the SD-WAN & Traffic Shaping page.

If that is not the case and the MX is not spoke with default route to the hub, the MX will already be doing split-tunnel VPN to the hub and it has Local Internet breakout for anything not behind the hub and thus a Local Internet breakout option on the SD-WAN & Traffic Shaping page is not presented in this case.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution " so that others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
SamerAl
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi AlaNaifa,

Yes that is right ,if you configure the MX as a Spoke and the IPv4 Default Route was checked, the MX would be doing full-tunnel VPN to the hub site, sending 100% of its traffic to the hub, and thus a Local Internet breakout option would be present on the SD-WAN & Traffic Shaping page.

If that is not the case and the MX is not spoke with default route to the hub, the MX will already be doing split-tunnel VPN to the hub and it has Local Internet breakout for anything not behind the hub and thus a Local Internet breakout option on the SD-WAN & Traffic Shaping page is not presented in this case.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution " so that others can benefit from it.
AlaNaifa
Here to help

Thank you alot for the reply.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Note this requirement:

Minimum License Type: Secure SD-WAN Plus or Advance Teleworker

Hi PhilipDath,

thank you for your input, so the License of Advanced security will not be enough for Local Internet breakout feature,

Kindly if you can share the document that specify this ?

Thanks

Thanks Again, please ignore my request. i found the minimum license requirement document.

Thanks A alot again, your feedback was really helpful.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels