Limited VLAn for MX or MS

Kave
Getting noticed

Limited VLAn for MX or MS

Hi everyone.

there is any limited to set more than 10 VLAN ON MX?

I set 14 different VLAN on MX65 but 2 VLAn can not see remote VPN (MX84)

another VLAN in MX 65 can see all another remote subnet but just 2, so weird.

that 2 subnet in VPN i checked them.

kav noroozi
4 REPLIES 4
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

No, there is no limit (other than the obvious 4095 total) on the number of VLANs you can configure on the MX, however practical limits will kick in first.  In your case, you can certainly configure more than 10 VLANs, so if that's not working as expected I'd check around other pieces of the VLAN and VPN configuration.  Assuming you also checked the firewall page and there's no site-to-site firewalling going on, also assuming there's no overlapping subnets for example.  And if you've examined Security & SDWAN > Monitor > Route Table and if they look normal on both MX appliances but the VLAN reachability is inconsistent, I'd suggest opening a case with Support to have another set of eyes look it over.  

I checked the route table, all somthing diffrent on this network, all network in route table have next hope which is another end of MX end, but this network all vlan subnet they have next hope as their getway.

for example 172.16.2.0/24 next hope is 172.16.2.1 but it shoud be show me next hope another MX end.

this network set on spoke. but the another end i can see those subnet in their route table.

kav noroozi

RoutTable.jpg

kav noroozi

you can see in picture all those Subnet i show them with RED line,they are  belongs to the same network and different VLAN,  next hope is not like another network.

kav noroozi
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels