Licnese issue.

AAlannabi
Comes here often

Licnese issue.

my customer current license for the MX and MS390 is Advanced Security not Enterprise.

I’m not sure if the licenses shared by the Disti are per organization or per device!! However, it is only one Key.

Please advise How we can upgrade to MX Advanced Security instead of Enterprise. Besides, for MS390 there is no ISE integration nor 1000 VLANs activated to stick with the Advanced, anyway I’m not sure if we need to upgrade to Advance as well depends on the shared licneses type per organization or per device.

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to speak to your Meraki sales representative.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @AAlannabi , what did you purchase?  The one license key may contain line items for each device (ms390 and your mx).  If you purchased an adv lic and have only been given an ent license the. Disti/cisco have made an error 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>I’m not sure if the licenses shared by the Disti are per organization or per device!! 

It can be either.  Which option did you ask them to quote for you?

When you go to add a licence, it shows you what will change and asks you to confirm.  So perhaps you could try this and see what it says will change.You can also roll back any recently added licence.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing_-_License_More_De... 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sometimes the supplier will just provide the order number which includes all items ordered. 

AAlannabi
Comes here often

Thanks all for the feedback.

the Disti confirm the Key license shared is per organization.

>> it seems I need to purchase MX-UPG licenses for the MX to upgrade from ENT to Advanced Sec.

anyway, no need to upgrade for the Switches neither for the APs. 

Moreover, I'm still confused if this  "MX-UPG licenses" can be added to "Per-Organization".

I believe you can upgrade the MX to advanced and leave the MS alone. The problem with mixing license types is only if you have multiple MX in your Org.

What are you trying to achieve exactly as your explanation was a bit hard to understand sorry. 

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_MX_Security_and_SD-WAN_Lice...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels