LTE Modem on WAN2

SOLVED
Alain_Bensimon
Getting noticed

LTE Modem on WAN2

Hello,

I have a MX-64.

I have a LTE Netgear modem (LB2120) that I want to connect to the WAN2 port.

How can I set it up as as a backup internet solution (if my main connection goes down, the one of the LTE will start automatically).

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It will magically fail over to you second WAN port: https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/Connection_Monitoring_for_WAN_Failo...

(at least I'm misreading your question)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It will magically fail over to you second WAN port: https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/Connection_Monitoring_for_WAN_Failo...

(at least I'm misreading your question)

Thank you

I have a MG21 connected to Wan2 and fail over works a little too well!  I would like to setup firewall rules to block either certain networks or certain web applications when running on Wan2 to cut down on cellular charges.  I have cellular firewall rules enabled, but they don't take effect for Wan2.

Is there anyway to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Thanks,

-Dave

Dave Anderson
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@DHAnderson, out of the box the cellular firewall rules only apply to a USB modem, or the inbuilt modem on one of the MX ‘C’ models. However, if you contact support you can request that they make the Cellular Firewall rules apply to WAN2 - it’s intended for the exact reason you have described, but you have to make the request through support.

DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

@Bruce 

Thank you.  I just opened a support case for that!.

-Dave

Dave Anderson
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels