Is there a way to turn off the POE on a MX85 wan2 port

Don_Elledge
Conversationalist

Is there a way to turn off the POE on a MX85 wan2 port

I have an MG51e that is connected to an MX85 wan2 port that needs rebooted and I don't see a way to turn off the poe. Is there a way to do that through the meraki console ?

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You cannot directly control PoE settings through the Meraki dashboard for this device.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

seems like a miss. How do we get that changed?

If you have more than one WAN in operation, you can disable and enable them again via the dashboard.

Otherwise, you can make a feature request.

alemabrahao_0-1707420858443.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I wondered before if that would work but link stays active.

However my mx rebooted doing that. So the mg will also reboot then 😛

Which is kind of strange. Documentation states only both wan interfaces should reset https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Appliance_Status/MX_Uplink_Settings#Sec...

Don_Elledge
Conversationalist

That is what I have experienced in the past. Anytime you make changes to the wan it reboots

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Don_Elledge I also had that happen on an MX67, seems a little excessive!

what is the process for a feature request

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels