Is there a simple (cheap) way to view per VLAN internet traffic?

Solved
AMorrison
Conversationalist

Is there a simple (cheap) way to view per VLAN internet traffic?

Does anyone know of a simple solution that shows how much internet bandwidth an IP subnet or VLAN is using?

When we look at Network Wide/Clients/Only security appliance clients and put in a subnet, the graph scaling is so bad you can't see how much bandwidth is being used by the subnet. Hopefully, this screenshot shows the "issue" - it gets worse the more overall bandwidth is shown as the scale goes up to 1gb/sec: It is the yellow part of the graph I need a more accurate reading of.

Screenshot 2023-04-20 132535.jpg

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you to do this ongoing, you would week to use netflow like @ww mentions.

If this is short term, and you are trying to do a one-off diagnosis - capture 5 minutes of traffic and put it into Wireshark and use its statistics function to break the traffic down.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried a filter like this?

alemabrahao_0-1681993797860.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks, but that doesn't change the graph scale, which is the issue for me. 

So, open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could look at using netflow to a cheap/free netflow tool

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you to do this ongoing, you would week to use netflow like @ww mentions.

If this is short term, and you are trying to do a one-off diagnosis - capture 5 minutes of traffic and put it into Wireshark and use its statistics function to break the traffic down.

Yes, it is for long term viewing as in days and weeks. Netflow is cool, but very expensive as we have multiple sites/firewalls. Thanks though.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels