Internet Traffic Shrinking from MX to MS

Dimdim
New here

Internet Traffic Shrinking from MX to MS

Hi,

I would like to seek to some solution with network deployement for Meraki. A couple weeks ago, i have deployed full scale of meraki MX, MS & MR with 2 different link .

Link 1 is Dedicated Internet Access 100 Mbps

Link 2 is pppoe connection 100 Mbps

I deployed 2 MX ( MX250) with warm spare setup as per below :

Link 1 ( DIA ) connected to port internet at MX1

Link 2 (PPPOE) connected to port internet at MX2

Below the MX, I have deployed 2 units Meraki MS425 with stacked using QSFP cable with configurations below :

Port 19 MX 1 connected to MS 1 port 5 

Port 19 MX 2 connected to MS 2 port 3

From this switch, i distributed the connection to access switch using meraki MS225 48port. Total access switch that i have is 5 units Meraki MS225.

So from each MS425 there's 2 fiber cable connected to each MS225 performing LACP. 

MS 1  connected to port 49 

MS 2  connected to port 50 

performing link aggregation and this is happen in each access switches. 

My question, when do speed test, the lnternet showing that it is only 20 Mbps, top rate is 40 Mbps. and its getting worst ?. I have discussed with other engineer, some of them says that there's a looping inside. 

I also have set the STP from the core swith as 0 -likely root. But the internet performance still not achieve as we expected. 

Perhaps, anyone can advise me or having the similiar experience with this kind of issue.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

where you did a speed test? did you also perform a test at the mx with dashboard tool? what speed you see there?

and when testing from MR with the dashboard tool?

no shaping on the mx or mr? did you test after working hours?

Hi,

Yesterday we do speedtest, using our ISP speedtest tool with result 8.8 mbps download & 16 mbps upload, And yes we do perform the throughput test from the MX, MS core & access Switch & also MR.

From MX the throughput is maintain in 80 Mbps

From MS Core 29 Mbps

From MS Access 17 Mbps

But From MR is 60 Mbps.

Is there any looping issue ?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you plug a workstation directly into the primary MX (bypassing everything else) what speed do you get.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels