Implementation of Site to Site VPN using broadbrand (ADSL) with dynamic Ips

Mzeater
Conversationalist

Implementation of Site to Site VPN using broadbrand (ADSL) with dynamic Ips

• Using the Meraki MX, is it possible to do site to site VPN between sites with broadband links (ADSL) with dynamic ip? 
4 REPLIES 4
Network-dad
A model citizen

Yes and it doesn't require any extra work... Meraki handles it all "Auto Magically"... Under Site-to-Site VPN you just chose your type of VPN and what local networks are in the VPN.

2020-06-10 16_09_06-VPN Configuration - Meraki Dashboard - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
Nash
Kind of a big deal

@Network-dad is correct if you're using AutoVPN.

If you're using third-party tunnels, between devices that aren't in the same organization, you can set the tunnels using the dynamic IP... but you're going to have to update that config as the IP changes over time.

Mzeater
Conversationalist

You mean either using Public Static IPs or Dyndns?!

For the normal IPsec VPNs you'd need to use some kind of DynDNS but the good news is that Meraki MX's automatically have a build-in DynDNS service. You don't need any external services for that:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Other_Topics/Dynamic_DNS_(DDNS)#Enabling_Dynamic_DNS

But AutoVPN would be easier if you're building tunnels between MX's in the same organization.

Edit: I forgot you can't use FQDN when configuring IPsec Site-to-Site VPN in MX's.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels