cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IGMP with MX64

Getting noticed

IGMP with MX64

Hi guys, 

I have the Meraki MX64 with Meraki ms-220 and talk talk ISP internet connection with youView IPTV.

Everything works as it should except the IPTV channels that I have subscribed too there appears to be an issue with IGMP setup and multicast 

Could someone please advise 

9 REPLIES
Getting noticed

Re: IGMP with MX64

igmp.PNGigmp-1.PNGmx.PNGtv-meraki.PNG

Getting noticed

The TalkTalk youview box connects to port 3 on the Meraki switch have i miss understood the IP setting value for the IGMP interface ??

switchports.PNG

Kind of a big deal

You can't use IGMP via an MX WAN interface.

Getting noticed

Hi, 

Is it possible for this to work with Meraki am i just doing something incorrect ?

Getting noticed

Getting noticed

IGMP Support on the Cisco Meraki Security Appliance

MX Security Appliances will forward IGMP traffic for a single broadcast domain. It does not forward multicast traffic upstream, between VLANs, or over a VPN.

Kind of a big deal

So that says IGMP is supported within a single VLAN - is that your case?

Like I said, it wont forward IGMP/multicast traffic that originates from the WAN port, which I suspect will be your case.

Getting noticed

Yes one single VLAN but it is coming in from the WAN Smiley Sad i just configured my ISP router and put the device into passthrough mode and straight away i got my channels working.

I'm really wanting to use the client vpn feature before i drop meraki like a hot potato lol 

Is this still possible in passthrough mode ?

Thanks for your help 

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

I don't know about pass-through mode.