How to get a CISCO Meraki MX100 box for HA

JerryLuke
Conversationalist

How to get a CISCO Meraki MX100 box for HA

I use an MX100 which is supported till Feb 2027. I need to build an HA with another MX100. MX100 is EOS in the market. CISCO refurbished neither has stock. 

Any suggestions on how to secure an MX100 in UAE.

6 Replies 6
MartinLL
Getting noticed

Ebay, Amazon. Take your pick. But you might get issues with support in case that device brakes.

If second hand market is not an option i would purchase new MX105 or MX95 depending on your requirements.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There should be alot of companies moving on from MX100 hardware to newer hardware.  Perhaps you can talk to an MSP with alot of customer to find several with MX100's waiting to renew.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Be wary of buying second hand, if the device hasn't been unclaimed by the previous owner you have potentially bought an expensive door stop. Support cannot help in this instance either. 

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Agreed with the above comments.

If buying second hand, by from a trusted MSP or other source. If the device isn't unclaimed from their dashboard, you'll be completely stuck.

JerryLuke
Conversationalist

Thank you all for your valuable comments. I intend to use it as a HA. Nobody in the UAE has stocks & not even CISCO refurbished has it. Guess they are being silent just to make me upgrade. But the MX 100 is supported till Feb 2027 & that's a good 2+ years from now. Why should I waste the RoI on something that is already invested, supported & still has juice in it. Maybe I could have an alternate as a cold standby. That's a compromise that we need to take call at. 

No one will have stock as it went end of sale 2 years ago. The decision to implement HA really should be made as part of the initial install.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels