Hi, We have Cisco meraki with us, unable to see both ip address of HP server on it.

Ebizmalta
Comes here often

Hi, We have Cisco meraki with us, unable to see both ip address of HP server on it.

Hi,

we are using HP server, it contains system ip address(dynamic ip address) and ILO Ip address (static IP address),  

cisco meraki is not showing those ip address online, we are seeing unstable connection sometimes, 

if one ip address shows online then other ip address shows cross mark in the connection, sometimes both shows cross mark.

also they are trying to connect the same port.

How to solve this issue..

Can somebody help me to sort this out.

Thank You.

10 REPLIES 10
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sounds like a mis-configuration somewhere. What device is your HP server connected to?  How many uplinks does the server have to the device?  And lastly, what configuration are at both ends of the connection?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hi, Thanks for the reponse,

It is HP proliant DL360 server,

it is connected to port 8 of MS210-24P device.

and we have divided the network into Different VLANs,as we have around 8 VLANS and we are using 2 IP addreses from one VLAN, in the same VLAN we have one more Network.

please let me know if you need something else.

Thank you.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Ebizmalta does the server have a dedicated iLO port?  If not, do you have any VLANs specified for the iLO or host NIC?

Ebizmalta
Comes here often

Hi @cmr , yes it has dedicated ILO port, yes we have a particular VLAN for ILO.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>cisco meraki is not showing those ip address online

The dashboard can only show devices online that generate traffic.  In this case, they probably don't generate any traffic, and only respond to requests you make to them - so this would be expected behaviour.

Hello @PhilipDAth , Yes, but sometimes we are seeing those ip addreses online, but after sometimes we are not seeing connection anymore, among two ip addreses from HP server, meraki is showing only one at a time, but meraki has to allow bot ip addreses at a time to work on network functions and to access ILO web console,

can you help us to sort this out please.

Thank you

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

hi @Ebizmalta 

So, you have different VLAN's/subnets for both ILO and applications on your HP server.  Your ILO port has a dedicated ILO port.  On your switch is that configured as an access port and has the right vlan assigned?

The uplink port to your server - is this configured as a Trunk or access port?  If Trunk, are you allowing the right vlans and on your server configuration have you configured your virtual switch correctly?  I assume you're running VMware or hyper-v?

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1004074

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

yes , ILO - dedicated port - we connected it directly to Router (ISP) (another network).

and other IP address(dynamic) is with cisco meraki in a VLAN in a switch, and It was automatically picked up by meraki. 

Uplink port in cisco switch is trunk, ...no we didnot install any os in HP server yet.

Thank you,

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Ebizmalta if you haven't installed an OS on the server, where is the system IP address that you referred to initially coming from?  Also you state that the iLO port is not connected to the Meraki network, yet you expect to see it there?  I am very confused now! 

Ebizmalta
Comes here often

Hi, Thanks for the response,

In Hp server, we have to connect two ethenet cables one from ILO and other from NIC , so here as mentioned in Hp server manual, both connections has to be in different networks, specifically ILO has to be directly connected, so when we connect those, automatically two ip addresses were seen. It doesnt need any OS installation for the ip address. 

Please let me know if something is unclear,

Thank you.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels