Has anyone setup a Starlink/MX68W Crash Kit able to VPN between different organizations?

auhyden
Here to help

Has anyone setup a Starlink/MX68W Crash Kit able to VPN between different organizations?

I have a Starlink <WAN_PORT> MX68W <Wireless> Users crash kit that we are working on standing up. This crash kit will be on the Starlink network. 

Is it possible to have a VPN tunnel established from this crash kit to another org/user network?

Is there documentation anywhere on this?

2 Replies 2
jbright
A model citizen

3rd party site-to-site VPN connections require a public IPV4 address on both firewalls that the VPN tunnel is between. I have a Starlink residential account and currently only receive a single CGNAT IPV4 address on it. I also get an IPV6 address too, but 3rd party site-to-site VPN is not supported over IPV6 yet, but very soon. The only two options for a site-to-site VPN over a Starlink connection for now are Auto-VPN between two MX in the same organization or get the Business version of Starlink, which does provide a public IPV4 address, which would allow the 3rd party site-to-site VPN connection to work, assuming the other firewall also has a public IPV4 address. When IPv6 is supported for 3rd party site-to-site VPN, that would provide another option.

Configuring Site-to-site VPN between MX Appliances in Different Organizations 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You do need a public IP, but it doesn't have to be on both ends. I've done several tests on my home network closing VPN tunnels with other firewalls and the tunnel worked 100%.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels