Group Policies Showing as not Applied on MX Addressing & Vlans Page

CML_Todd
Getting noticed

Group Policies Showing as not Applied on MX Addressing & Vlans Page

I discovered an issue this morning in Dashboard where Group Policies I had applied to my vlans on the MX addressing & vlans page were showing as none. (Like there were no Group Policies applied to any of my vlans.)

In a panic I applied one of my group policies to the vlan it's supposed to be associated with.  I looked at the rest of my Networks in this Organization and discovered all of them were this way, so I opened a support ticket.

Apparently there is a master case that engineering is looking into for this very issue.  The tech support person said it's a user interface issue and even though it says the group policies weren't applied on my screen, they could confirm that the policies were being applied on the MX vlans.  

Apparently this started last night, and there is no ETR.  Has anyone else seen this in their networks?

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can see the same issue.

Yes, issue is known and being worked on for resolution. If folks see this open a case and you'll get updates on when the core issue is resolved.

CML_Todd
Getting noticed

I meant to say before I posted my original message that the one vlan where I manually applied my group policy before calling tech support, that group policy isn't being applied properly now.  I discovered this when my layer 3 firewall rules on the MX were being applied to this vlan.

I wanted to give a heads up that manual intervention during could cause an issue until this is resolved.

JeffF
Conversationalist

Also experiencing this issue since yesterday. Multiple Orgs and networks.

CML_Todd
Getting noticed

UPDATE:

Meraki updated my case and has fixed this issue.  All my Group Policies are showing on my vlans again.  And the one I edited before calling tech support didn't have a policy applied.  I was able to add the policy to that vlan and it was working.    

JeffF
Conversationalist

Support updated my case saying the issue was resolved. However, I still was not seeing applied policies in the dashboard for 95% of my VLANs. Called support and they confirmed the policies were no longer applied and I had/have to reapply them.This is way more significant of an issue than Meraki is making it out to be.

AlexP
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

That is not the issue that was described to Engineering, so if something was lost, they're pushing back in an incorrect fashion. I would encourage you to re-open that case and request further investigation, and ASAP to ensure audit logs of what was in place previously are still present.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels