Get 'NAT Type' and 'Uplink decisions' status using API

SOLVED
Denson
Conversationalist

Get 'NAT Type' and 'Uplink decisions' status using API

I'm trying to generate an CSV of MX devices with NAT Type 'Unfriendly' using the API. When looking at the documentation there's nothing i can find that would supply me with this information.

Another way for us to determine there's NAT problems is by looking at the Uplink decision.

example.png

Has anyone been able to get this info, perhaps by using a workaround, using the API?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

I am afraid this is not possible at the moment (had a quick look in the APIs, but couln´t find something related to it). Maybe an upcoming API call

Also I don´t know an workaround, but not the most familiar API user 😄

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

I am afraid this is not possible at the moment (had a quick look in the APIs, but couln´t find something related to it). Maybe an upcoming API call

Also I don´t know an workaround, but not the most familiar API user 😄

Nash
Kind of a big deal

If you know which WAN you want active, you can use "Return the uplink information for a device." to pull the... current WAN in use. 🙂 As a proxy.

Denson
Conversationalist

Sorry i forgot to mention, but i've tried this aswell. The primairy uplink is not 'down', so even though uplink decisions are passed through WAN2 the API returns WAN1 as active.
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Not sure of this but maybe NAT:Unfriendly is noted in the event log. If so you should be able to identify the MXs from there.

Denson
Conversationalist

Event log can not be accessed from API as far as i'm aware.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels