Generate API key

SOLVED
ScottG67
Here to help

Generate API key

Hello All,

I want to start using the API to get some data from my Meraki environments. I found this support page: https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-latest/#!authorization/obtaining-your-meraki-api-key

That shows how to enable and generate the API key. I was able to enable the API key as the document above states and save the settings. When I go to my profile there is nothing to generate an API key. There is nothing like what is available in the article. I went back to the settings to confirm that the box was still selected to enable API access and it was. So I am not at a loss here on how to obtain the key. Is this something that support needs to enable like some of the other Meraki features? 

Thanks,

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Slobs2
Getting noticed

Is your account:

1. An Admin account
  2. Logging in with an email and password and not SAML

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Slobs2
Getting noticed

Is your account:

1. An Admin account
  2. Logging in with an email and password and not SAML

I was wondering if that was the case. I will log in with an admin account and not SAML and give it a try. Thanks for the info.

rellek
Comes here often

I am logged in with an email address, password, MFA, and a full administrator, and I am still not able to generate an API key.

There's an option in the Organization settings way at the bottom to enable the API Generation. No one can do it until that's saved!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can confirm that SAML accounts are not able to have an API key.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels