FitBit Aria 1 Wireless scale and MR33

DeltaConsulting
New here

FitBit Aria 1 Wireless scale and MR33

Is there a way to make the Aria 1 wireless scale login to an MR 33? 802.11b, WPA2, DHCP required. It also has to use the 2.4Ghz band. I've created an SSID with these and I can see it on the scale but it won't save the configuration. I suspect that it has something to do with the 2.4Ghz. I can force 5.0Ghz but can't turn off 5.0 to force 2.4Ghz. If I use Band Steering, the Scale won't see the SSID at all. Alternatively, can I add an older router somehow that used to work before I replaced it with the Meraki equipment? As a sidebar, I'm using a Comcast modem at home in Bridge mode with an MX64.
6 Replies 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

contact support and ask then to enable 2.4ghz only support on your network.

and try set the minimum bitrate to 1

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

I have never been able to get my FitBit Aria to work with a Meraki AP no matter what. I have spent hours fighting with this and all I do is get angry and start saying bad words. 

Though, I have not tried asking support to set 2.4 only... But I have tried dual band operation and minimum bitrate to 1. 

If you can do a packet capture, grab some Probe Requests from the FitBit Aria and I can check to see what it supports/requires.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Looks like the Aria 1 requires 802.11b. So the SSID has to have those rates enabled. I would try 11Mbps first as the lowest and see if that is enough. Otherwise you'll have to keep going down to 1Mbps.

https://cantechit.com/2015/06/27/disabling-802-11b-for-performance-and-the-fitbit-performance-tax/
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I have tried every b bitrate, and set all SSID's on the AP to dual band operation, with no luck. It sounds like the OP has done the same. 

Thank you everyone! I've already tried everything but packet capture. I appreciate all the input!!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels