Solved
RWelch
Getting noticed

Any feedback on stable release candidate MX 18.208?

I gave MX 18.207 a run before deciding it was too buggy for my liking.  I am holding off on upgrading 11 MXs  in production until it’s more stable.

Thanks for any feedback you are willing to share.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Like the others, 18.207 was unstable for me.  It keeps crashing.  I was lucky to keep my MX75 up for 4 hours.

I have been running 18.208 on an MX75 for about 48 hours so far, and it has been flawless.

I am not personally going to use 18.208 at any customer site until I have used it for at least a week without issues after the drama I had with 18.207.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
jimmyt234
Getting noticed

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Perhaps it'd be best to continue the discussion in the mentioned thread above. For me it was the first 18.2xx release that's running flawlessly so far.

Holli69
Getting noticed

a few weeks ago I tried 18.207, but is was very buggy and not working for me, because our servers in the DC are not reachable anymore (3rd party VPN between 2 MX's in different Orgs), switched back to 18.107.8 and everything works fine anymore. In 18.207 AND 18.208 the 3rd party VPN tunnel is shown as up in both locations, but no server is reachable via ping. MX18.208 has the same issues. I rolled back again to 18.107.8 and everything is fine again for me (MX85,MX95,MX100->VPN Concentrator MX450)

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Like the others, 18.207 was unstable for me.  It keeps crashing.  I was lucky to keep my MX75 up for 4 hours.

I have been running 18.208 on an MX75 for about 48 hours so far, and it has been flawless.

I am not personally going to use 18.208 at any customer site until I have used it for at least a week without issues after the drama I had with 18.207.

teoder1
Conversationalist

18.208 broke all our L3 tunneled SSID:s, we had to rollback to previous release 18.107.2.

Stay away, thats my take...

I can confirm that 18.208 broke things for us this morning. We have x2 MX250s in HA and MS250 HA switches behind it. After the upgrade one of the switches uplink shows disconnected and switch became unreachable. We have downgraded back to 18.107.2 and it all started working OK.

We have this issue as well on a pair of HA MX250s - currently working on rolling back.

18.208 messed up something with our outbound network connections on older Linux kernels. Couldn't really pinpoint what it was, other than dropping a significant number of packets, making it appear like the VM was unable to communicate with the outside world. We ended up rolling back to 18.107.2 as well, and the problem went away. 18.208 is an absolute trainwreck of a release unfortunately.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels