Everything looks correct but I can't get my networks to talk

IT_Spencer
New here

Everything looks correct but I can't get my networks to talk

I have everything set up to start a network migration, but I can't get devices to talk across the networks. I currently have everything on a 192.168.4.0 subnet in my main location, on one of my satellite offices I have 192.168.54.0 subnet. Both of these talk right now without issue. 

We are migrating to a schema using 10.x.x.x network, and I have in the location with the 192.168.54.0 subnet set up a 10.5.4.0 subnet to replace the first. However, when I put devices on the replacement subnet they act like they can't see anything.

In my main location with the 192.168.4.0 I have a subnet setup that is 10.0.4.0

I need help in troubleshooting these. I came here because I've been on hold for several hours, and I have some people on-site that really want to go home.

Sites have VPNs using site-to-site. Due to a license error, they are both Meraki devices but in different organizations.

2 Replies 2
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can the 192.168.4.0 devices at the main location talk to the 10.0.4.0 devices?

If not then:

• Do you have two VLANs, one for each subnet?
  • Do you have an IP (layer 3) interface on each VLAN?
  • Do the devices in each VLAN have their default gateway pointing to the IP interface address?

In general what equipment do you have, MX, switches (models?) etc.? 

OVERKILL
Building a reputation

Need some more details, as @cmr noted, how are you configuring the 2nd subnet? How are you putting devices on it, changing the access VLAN of the switch port?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels