Events not Logged

Sapkota_A
Here to help

Events not Logged

Hi Everyone,

Need to understand the event captured on MX. It states "X" event were not logged. what exactly it means? 
As the network was down for certain time. My confusion here is from this event log what can i understand either the Meraki Gear was having power outage at the site or it is due to ISP flapping which lead Gears unreachable to Meraki Cloud?

I do appreciate for the help.

Error not  logged.PNG

Legend: X - digits 

Thanks 
Ashish

4 Replies 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Sapkota_A it can be a connectivity issue, or it can be that the MX is busy, so drops (most commonly repeated) events.  I appreciate your frustration and we send events to a syslog server to attempt to cover this.

Is there is any way to figure it out how to check either MX was having an power outage or its due to connectivity issue.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Sapkota_A best is to log a support ticket, they should be able to tell you.

Hi, 

I have an finding here. I have observed if the Network Gears are unreachable due to circuit Outage, Navigating to Meraki Event log you will see event were not logged due to bandwidth constraint. 

Sapkota_A_0-1631883978503.png

But whenever there will be an power outage and Network gears are unreachable, for the particular downtime we wont get these logs. 

Try to observe this it might help. 

Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels