Disabling 1 of 4 SSIDs (per site) on MX65w in a template

Charlie
Getting noticed

Disabling 1 of 4 SSIDs (per site) on MX65w in a template

I have a certain problem that I am trying to work work around.   I have a few templates with wireless on a MX65w and using 4 SSIDs.   I have various configurations on sites where everything in the template is exactly the same except some sites do not need 1 to 3 of the SSIDS.  I do not want to create a unique templates just for a site just to limit the SSIDs.  Nor do I want to manually configure all of the other settings by not adding it to a template. 

Is here a way to not advertise one of the four SSIDs in a MX65w template?  I know I can do this on the MR52 AP when it is deployed in a template.  I can turn off SSIDs per site.  I have not opened a case yet as I think this is a feature but I did make a wish.    Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have done this, but not for a while, so my memory is a bit hazy.

You can associate SSID availability to a tag.  You can apply a tag to a device.  So your template can contain all the SSIDs, and then which SSIDs are used depends on which tags you put on the AP.

Thanks for the thought @PhilipDAth. I think we are talking about two different locations. I see your suggesting on tagging under the "Wireless" section of a template. This section I believe applies to MR access points in that template.

I am talking about the wireless section under the MX appliance configuration. See my screen shots below.

So yes I agree with you that when using that section of the template you can use tags and it would do what I am asking about. I do not see anything like that in the MX wireless section.   What I really need is this functionality in the "Security SD WAN>>Wireless" configuration section.   Hello Meraki Make a wish engineers, can you hear us?   Thanks again for the reply @PhilipDAth

Wireless for integrated MX65wsWireless for integrated MX65wsGeneral wireless for MRsGeneral wireless for MRs

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Oh yes, I think you are right.  I have only done this with MR access points in the past.

I also have this wish.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels