cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable firewall/NAT rule

Highlighted
Getting noticed

Disable firewall/NAT rule

I have been looking but I don't see an option for this.  Is there a way to temporarily disable a firewall or NAT rule.  We have to do that occasionally and right now the only option I see is to delete the rule.

Thanks, Gordon

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Re: Disable firewall/NAT rule

I can't find of any easy way to temporarily disable a single rule. You could use group policy to override all rules (such as using the built in white list policy).

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

I've thought that would be a useful feature as well.  Occasionally I just want to disable a rule to test if it is causing issues without having to delete and re-create it. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Highlighted
Getting noticed

Yep.  And sometimes I need to create a temporary rule for some project that we have.  It is just easier sometimes to be able to click disable.  Same with NAT.  I have done it with those as well at times.   Put in a Wish for it.  Maybe if they get enough they will add it.  It should be fairly simple to do.

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

The MX beta firmware 15.3/15.4 allows NO-NAT configuration. I debated using it and opted to run with turning off NAT on the port on the device ahead of the MX, so there is not a double NATting issue. Optionally, I can turn the NATting back on to test what occurs . . .

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.