Hi, Corporate has finally relented and purchased a backup after months of begging that we need a backup MX84 for our site since majority of the workers are remote users.
I'd like to ask how to setup one of these and the design is correct since I've never deployed one of these MX84 before.
So the current setup is like this:
1. MX84 has 2 ISPs for our Internet and VPN connectivity, ISP1 is the main ISP2 is the backup
2. Single MX84 deployed
3. 2 L3 Core-Distribution Switches towards the Access Switches at Corporate.
Planned Setup is what I'd like to ask
1. L2 switch (not necessarily cisco but needs to be able to make vlans? one vlan for each ISP?)
a) also the virtual ip as I was told by Meraki support needs to be public ip as well?
so i'm looking at 2 additional public ips for my ISP1 and 2
MX84-1: public ip 1-1 for WAN1 and public ip 2-1 for WAN2
MX84-2: public ip 1-2 for WAN1 and public ip 2-1 for WAN2
VIP: public ip 1-3 for WAN1 and public ip 1-3 for WAN3
2. Active-Standby MX84-1 - MX84-2
3. Router? not sure about this one. I need tracking to check if my MX84-1 is alive so I can redirect the traffic to MX84-2 if it dies.
4. L3 Distribution Switches towards Corporate Access Switches
Is my assessment correct? I need to know if I need to purchase a router and a switch since i currently don't have any 4 port router on hand.
Is this the correct deployment of a backup MX84?