Deny personal emails using

Solved
jOMeraki2
Here to help

Deny personal emails using

i have 365 email for our organize I need to deny group of users from use there personal email gmail outlook yahoo or any emails . i need just to use our 365 email  any suggestion to apply in mx

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Easiest way is to use Layer 7 firewall rules (under Security & SD-WAN -> Configure -> Firewall).

You can select email as a category and specify Gmail, yahoo, Hotmail etc.

If you have advanced security licensing, you could also use content filtering to block specific URL's if there's ones not already categorised in the L7 firewall rules list.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Easiest way is to use Layer 7 firewall rules (under Security & SD-WAN -> Configure -> Firewall).

You can select email as a category and specify Gmail, yahoo, Hotmail etc.

If you have advanced security licensing, you could also use content filtering to block specific URL's if there's ones not already categorised in the L7 firewall rules list.

if i block hotmail is office365 email still running if I use exchange 2012 or 2016 to run my office365 email

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Given there's separate categories for Hotmail, Exchange and Outlook online I'd say most likely yes, but you'd need to test it to be sure.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Apart from that, there's a great possibility to use M365 Tenant Controls 😎

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels