Default gateway, and meraki landing page

SOLVED
tantony
Head in the Cloud

Default gateway, and meraki landing page

When I type in my default gateway into a browser, it goes to Meraki landing page.  Is there any vulnerabilities with this?

Is there a way to disable this?  Any advice will be appreciated.

tantony_0-1601901740383.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

At least I don't know of any vulnerability at the moment. That does not mean that it will never have one. Having a service running for others is always a risk.

For me, I accept this risk most of the time. But if you want you can disable/configure the local status page in the "network-wide" configuration.

If you leave it enabled, make sure that you have at least set your own password.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

At least I don't know of any vulnerability at the moment. That does not mean that it will never have one. Having a service running for others is always a risk.

For me, I accept this risk most of the time. But if you want you can disable/configure the local status page in the "network-wide" configuration.

If you leave it enabled, make sure that you have at least set your own password.

tantony
Head in the Cloud

Thanks for the reply

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels