DHCP subnets a vlan is missing

SOLVED
Zafrati
Here to help

DHCP subnets a vlan is missing

Security & SD-WAN -> Appliance status -> DHCP

who can tell me why I only see 2 vlans while they are 3?

TKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you are relaying DHCP requests to another DHCP server, the MX is then effectively not handling DHCP for that VLAN, so I would not expect to see details for that subnet on the MX.   If you require such details, I would look on the DHCP server you are actually relaying to.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sometimes it's the easiest reason ... Is DHCP enabled on this third VLAN?

The difference is that set as 'Relay DHCP to another server' rather than 'Run a DHCP server'

If you are relaying DHCP requests to another DHCP server, the MX is then effectively not handling DHCP for that VLAN, so I would not expect to see details for that subnet on the MX.   If you require such details, I would look on the DHCP server you are actually relaying to.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Then it is not the MX that is running the DHCP server and there is nothing to show on the appliance page. Relay is used if the DHCP server is a different box, for example your Windows server. If you want the MX to provide DHCP, use the option "Run a DHCP server".

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels