DHCP issue

ShaneEly
New here

DHCP issue

Hello,

I have a network device that my switches can see.  I can ping it, login to the web interface, etc.  But it will not show up in the Meraki as a client.  It only shows up when I look at current DHCP leases.  I have several devices that I would like to create a DHCP reservation for and cannot do that if it cannot be found as a client.  I have searched via name, IP, MAC and it comes up with nothing.  Any ideas?

Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

You may have to try a different way to get the MAC address. If you can’t log onto the device itself, maybe look at the MAC address table on the switch (if you know what port it’s attached to), or if it’s on the same subnet as your machine (or another machine you can log onto) use the ‘arp’ command after pinging it to show the mapping of IP address to MAC address. 

Then once you have the MAC address you can manually configure the DHCP reservation.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Only devices that generate network traffic show up as clients.

If you are using an MX to do DHCP then you can go to:

Security & SDWAN/DHCP

and manually add a reservation by entering the MAC address (which you can get from the DHCP display).

PhilipDAth_0-1632546429147.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels