DHCP fixed assignment assignment

Adrian4
A model citizen

DHCP fixed assignment assignment

Hello,

Is there a quick way to create a fixed assignment? On other brand devices I can just look at a list of leases and click a button by each one to create a fixed assignement.

The only way I have found in meraki is to manually enter MAC and IP info 😕

thanks! 

7 Replies 7
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If the device is connected find it on the client list page, click on it, and there's a dropdown option in the Network section to change the IP from dynamic to fixed which creates a reservation

Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 07.34.54.png

Ryan / SE - Networking

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

can you do this with Access Points? (we need statics for third party monitoring software)

If your APs show up as clients sure. My APs, Cameras, etc all show as clients in my dashboard so the same process could be followed. 

Perhaps consider putting the information into a CSV and then uploading it so you only have to do it one bulk process. https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Configuring_DHCP_Serv...

Ryan / SE - Networking

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
Adrian4
A model citizen

thats odd, they dont show up in my clients list 😞

Possibly due to the mode of client tracking you have enabled https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Client-Tracking_Options

Ryan / SE - Networking

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Make sure the WiFI SSID is set to bridge mode, so the DHCP server on the MX is giving out the IP addresses.

Adrian4
A model citizen

Cheers!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels