DC-DC fail-over with one arm concentrators and auto VPN

SOLVED
AshMead
Getting noticed

DC-DC fail-over with one arm concentrators and auto VPN

We currently have a teleworker VPN configured on an SSID to connect MR clients to a datacentre and the Internet, this is controlled with a single MX84

1. Can I add additional VPNs from separate SSIDs to the same MX84?

2. If I have a second MX84 in a second DC, can i achieve failover between the two?

Below is a network diagram. This shows the proposed MX84 in DC2

AshMead_0-1582623356708.png

Many thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DensyoV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

HI, 

Please see my answers below:

Yes, it is configured per SSID basis so you can add more SSIDs if you want to be tunneled to the same MX84

2. If I have a second MX84 in a second DC, can i achieve failover between the two?

Yes but it requires manual failover. As you can see on the access control page, you can only select one concentrator at a time so you have to update the configuration to be pointed to the secondary MX.

hope this helps.

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DensyoV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

HI, 

Please see my answers below:

Yes, it is configured per SSID basis so you can add more SSIDs if you want to be tunneled to the same MX84

2. If I have a second MX84 in a second DC, can i achieve failover between the two?

Yes but it requires manual failover. As you can see on the access control page, you can only select one concentrator at a time so you have to update the configuration to be pointed to the secondary MX.

hope this helps.

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.

Hi DensyoV

Thanks, that worked perfectly! The only issue I found was that when switching from one concentrator to another (in the SSID), the SSID was not visible to my windows 10 laptop, IOS devices just remembered the details and reconnected. 

Is this a know issue?

Thanks again 

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Its now possible to select a secondary concentrator

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels