Create Alert When Traffic WAN Port Meraki MX Reach 80% from The Bandwidth

Lathif
New here

Create Alert When Traffic WAN Port Meraki MX Reach 80% from The Bandwidth

Hi everyone,

Is it possible on meraki dashboard create an alert when the utilization of wan port meraki mx reach 80% from the bandwidth wan port?

For example:

I am using meraki MX84 with 100 Mbps Bandwidth on port wan1.

When traffic of port wan1 reach 80 Mbps, meraki dashboard will sent alert to me via email.

Thank you,

Lathif

4 Replies 4
jimmyt234
Getting noticed

No, but I am sure any SNMP platform of your choosing could easily do this job.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

By using the link natively, you cannot generate this alert, only Network usage exceeds as shown in the image.

alemabrahao_0-1693910912162.png

I believe that only via SNMP monitoring.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I will ( someday ) be possible with MI. At the moment the alert is only visible on the dashboard ( WAN Health -> High Usage ) https://documentation.meraki.com/MI/MI_WAN_Health

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Or ! You could be really creative.  

1- Create network tags for your WAN speeds. Eg : Network 1 : TAGS : ['Wan1-100-100',Wan2-50-50']  That would indicate Wan 1 Speed of 100Mbps Up and 100Mbps Down. Same for Wan2.

2- Insight  -> Alerts -> Create an alert for EVERY single WAN Speeds by selecting the appropriate network tag : 

RaphaelL_1-1693926104742.png

RaphaelL_0-1693925995288.png

If you only have 2-3 ISP with 1-2 speeds , that can be done easily. Otherwise it's hard to manage and maintain. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels