Cradle Point Wireless WAN2 - Is it possible to limit to certain vlans or hosts

SOLVED
mthor
Here to help

Cradle Point Wireless WAN2 - Is it possible to limit to certain vlans or hosts

Good morning,

I have a cradle point for a wireless backup in the event our primary link goes down. Is it possible to limit this particular uplink to only supply internet to particular IP addresses or vlans if the primary goes down? I can't seem to find a way on our MX to do this, so I am wondering if this is possible or if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PFSMatt
Here to help

I believe Support can change WAN2 so it's treated as a cellular connection, and thus will follow the usual cellular-only rules.  Haven't used it myself to say for sure, though.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Cellular-capable MX devices like MX67C have the ability to run Cellular-only firewall rules. I dont's think there's another solution for 3rd party LTE backup.

Thank you for the quick response.

PFSMatt
Here to help

I believe Support can change WAN2 so it's treated as a cellular connection, and thus will follow the usual cellular-only rules.  Haven't used it myself to say for sure, though.

Thank you for your quick response. I will contact support and see if they can do this.

Yes, Support can enable that.

Support made the change. Thanks for this.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels