Convert backup from other firewalls to Meraki.

SOLVED
BFrança
Here to help

Convert backup from other firewalls to Meraki.

Hello.

A few months ago I participated in an ECMS1 training where the "teacher" told us about the possibility of converting the settings of another firewall (SonicWall, FortiNet, ASA and etc.) to Meraki automatically through the backup file, but as it was an addendum to the training topic, I don't remember how to do it.

Is it really possible?

How can I do this conversion?

Thanks for the help and attention always.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @BFrança 

There seems to be some mistake.

As for as I understand there is no method / means / configuration that can be uploaded to Meraki Dashboard and will automate the settings for us.

The only methods I am aware of is Manual / via APIs.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @BFrança 

There seems to be some mistake.

As for as I understand there is no method / means / configuration that can be uploaded to Meraki Dashboard and will automate the settings for us.

The only methods I am aware of is Manual / via APIs.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
Jwiley78
Building a reputation

Would be awesome if you could but I don't think it's possible for now.  I know they did mention group-objects coming in the future which will make the ASA to Meraki config much easier but I don't think we'll see a fully automated system anytime soon.

Maybe there are scripts that can convert 3rd party configs into API calls for Meraki. But I haven't seen any of those yet.

Thanks for everyone's quick return.
There must have been some mistake in the information given by the instructor.

Thanks.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels