Configuration on Cisco 887 to connect to MX

Solved
SCC
Building a reputation

Configuration on Cisco 887 to connect to MX

Hi Team,

Please advise what configuration i would have to do on Cisco 887 which i need to connect in front of NBN - Fiber to the node - NBN connection and from the LAN port of this Cisco 887 this will go to the Cisco Meraki MX WAN port.

Please help me if there is any article or something, so that i have some idea what configuration i would have to do.

1 Accepted Solution
SCC
Building a reputation

@PhilipDAth 

Thank you for your response.

Yes, you are right. I am from Australia. I will be using the Fiber to the Node connection which will be basically a VDSL2 type link from NBN.

Thank you. i will use the standard NAT configuration while connecting this in front of MX.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm guessing you are from Australia.

If you are using NBN I'm guessing you have a VDSL connection.  If your provider uses PPPoE then I wont be tempted to sinmply bridge the connection through, so that the MX can have a public IP address on it.

Otherwise you can use a normal "NAT" config on the 887.

SCC
Building a reputation

@PhilipDAth 

Thank you for your response.

Yes, you are right. I am from Australia. I will be using the Fiber to the Node connection which will be basically a VDSL2 type link from NBN.

Thank you. i will use the standard NAT configuration while connecting this in front of MX.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels