athan1234
Building a reputation

Conexion problems SW LACP

Hi I have this scenario Fortigate LACP agints meraki SW:

Vlan 5 MGMNT

Vlan 10 GUest

Vlan 20 Users

Vlan 40 Camarea

I have problems in LACP switch I need to do vlan mgmnt on the SW mearki and AP´s meraki on the switch

y have puted native vlan 5 and static ip add I dont have conexion  the switch dosent come up

I always have a mess with native vlan in meraki

4 Replies 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you leave the vlan field  empty it uses the native vlan. If you put in a vlan in the vlan field it send the frames tagged

athan1234
Building a reputation

I want to use the vlan 5 like Managment .

So in the trunk port  all

Native in blank

and then i am able tu put static ip range vlan 5

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I dont know if meraki likes lacp without native vlan.

I would set vlan 5 untagged on the fortigate. And on meraki side native vlan 5

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Native VLAN and LACP have no relation which each other directly.  You only have to make sure that both members use the exact same VLAN configuration.

As opposed to what ww has said: On the switch IP config if you leave the VLAN tag empty it will use the management VLAN that is defined on the Switch -> switch settings page.  By default this is VLAN 1.

To have the easiest time always use the switch management VLAN as native on the link between the firewalls and the switches.  Even if the switch has no config yet it will take an IP on the native VLAN which by default is 1 on the switch but that is not an issue yet.  Once the switch has reached the dashboard it will change it management VLAN to the one you have chosen as switch management but at the same time the uplink switchport LACP pair will also change to the native VLAN that you have chosen in the configuration which in that case should be the switch management VLAN.  Since the switch needs an IP it is advised to have a small DHCP pool on the switch managemetn VLAN so the switch can retrieve the information automatically before switching to a fixed IP as per dashboard config.

If for some reason you wish to deviate from this design and use a tagged VLAN for switch management then you will have to login to the switch locally and set the uplink port correctly (native vlan) and set the management VLAN correctly.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels