Comcast Guest WiFi Cannot Connect To Local Network

wdahnllc
Just browsing

Comcast Guest WiFi Cannot Connect To Local Network

I have been trying to connect my guest wifi(10.1.10.0/24) to the local network(same as wifi). I run wireshark and I notice my public is reaching the MX64, but still unable to connect. My goal it to not have to VPN when I'm n the local network. I tried calling Comcast Business, and even had a tech come out, but no luck.

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using Meraki MR for WiFi something else?  Is the SSID bridging to its local LAN?

Are you use a Meraki MX to connect to Comcast, or something else?

Comcast is providing the Wifi. The owner does not want to purchase another router to apply a 192.168.0.0 range. It is an MX64 and the modem/router is not bridged, Comcast is the only network in the building.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well that really limits your options badly.

Presumably the Comcast router with the built in WiFi bridges to the Comcast routers local LAN.  You will need to put the MX into bridge mode to see the same IP addressing on either side of it.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Networks_and_Routing/Passthrough_Mode_on_the_MX_Security_Applian... 

I tried passthrough mode, but I still had no luck connecting to the vpn. I didn't test my access to resources however.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels