Client VPN fails, used to work

Solved
BradleyT
Conversationalist

Client VPN fails, used to work

I had some problems with the network card on my system and had to update wireless and Bluetooth drivers.  After the update the VPN stopped working.  I removed the VPN and set it up again but it continues to fail when I try to connect with the message: "Can't connect to Berkshire.coop  A connection to the remote computer could not be established.  You might need to change the network settings for this connection."  This is a Windows 10 machine with all current updates.

Can't connect to VPNCan't connect to VPN

Below is a screenshot of the event log from the dashboard.

Event LogEvent Log

The two images below show the connection's properties -> Security Tab.  I have also copied the secret and entered that in under Advanced Settings as well.

Connection Properties -> Security TabConnection Properties -> Security Tab Connection Properties -> General TabConnection Properties -> General Tab

Any help as to what I may be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution
hlcborg
New here

Hello

If you already restarted computer, home router, removed VPN, Added again and all the settings are absolutely right. Just a couple more things: 

1st) Internet Speed on the user's network

2nd) Go to the computer device settings and delete all WAN miniports. Then search hardware and they will all come up again. This usually works. A small number of times I had to redo the VPN after this. 

hlcborg_1-1636111323641.png

Lastly, no changes on the AV/Firewall? I also found a few times on personal devices AV/Firewall solutions that completely block the VPN.

Hope any of these helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Use rasphone.exe on your computer to start the VPN.  It gives better errors.

Then take whatever error code it gives back and check the trouble shooting guide.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Client_VPN/Guided_Client_VPN_Troubleshooting 

hlcborg
New here

Hello

If you already restarted computer, home router, removed VPN, Added again and all the settings are absolutely right. Just a couple more things: 

1st) Internet Speed on the user's network

2nd) Go to the computer device settings and delete all WAN miniports. Then search hardware and they will all come up again. This usually works. A small number of times I had to redo the VPN after this. 

hlcborg_1-1636111323641.png

Lastly, no changes on the AV/Firewall? I also found a few times on personal devices AV/Firewall solutions that completely block the VPN.

Hope any of these helps

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels