Client VPN Using WAN 2 (Secondary)

jordanpowers
Conversationalist

Client VPN Using WAN 2 (Secondary)

I have a client that wants the Client VPN to connect through his secondary WAN 2 connection.  I wasn't able to find anything describing that this was possible on the net or this community.  I did some testing in our lab and I wasn't able to figure out a way to get it to work.

Is this a feature that is currently not possible?  I think it would be really nice to have though

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

So your client VPN is going to use what your Primary WAN connection is. What you can do is have WAN 2 be listed as your Primary WAN under traffic shaping but then have all other subnets use WAN 1 as their preferred link.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Go "Security Appliance/Traffic Shapping".  Whatever port you select under "Uplink selection/Global Preferences/Primary Uplink" because the port used for client vpn.  Note it can take 10 minutes to kick in after you change it.

From where you can configure "Flow Preferences/Internet Traffic" to override this and make all your Internet traffic go back out WAN1 (if that is what you want).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels