Cisco MR42 Poor Wireless speed.

Kangatharan
Comes here often

Cisco MR42 Poor Wireless speed.

Hello All, 

I'm using Cisco mr42 wireless router. this router has been assigned WLAN 2 (IPS). The ISP internet speed is 300 Mbps.  I have checked my laptop wireless speed test 89 Mbps download and upload 75 Mbps. I had checked the speed ISP 300 Mbps is good. So that problems Cisco wireless showing to 89 Mbps. 

I have changed to Channel setting and changed the radio setting. But the wireless speed has not improved. 

How to solve the problem. 

Thank you. 

3 Replies 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What device is your AP connected to and at what speed?  What speed do you get if you connect directly to that switchport?

Are you using 2.4 or 5.0Ghz

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.
I'm directly connected to the switch port. I got 280 Mbps upload and download on my laptop. I switched over to Wifi that ISP and I got the speed of 80 uploads and downloads. 

yes, We have been using 2.4 and 5 GHz and I have modified 5 Ghz then got the same speed. 

Thank you. 

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What wifi adapter has your client ?

Is your 5ghz channel set to 20 40 or 80mhz?

At what speed did the switchport connecting the ap negotiate  100 or 1000?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels