Cisco ASA vulnerability

SOLVED
Dylan_YYC
Getting noticed

Cisco ASA vulnerability

Good morning!

I was reading around this morning there is a vulnerability for the Cisco ASA product line allowing people to gain access to a secure network. There has been no mention of any Meraki or MX product, but i wonder if this is something we need to be on the lookout for?

Link to arstechnica about it.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Meraki is not mentioned in this announcement from Cisco.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Meraki is not mentioned in this announcement from Cisco.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

Thanks! i did find this after some looking, so far no mention. Lets hope it stays that way!

The vulnerability affects the AnyConnect VPN client system.  Meraki does not have AnyConnect support.

Regarding this specific vulnerability, I have a Cisco 2911 that I have put behind our MX100.  This is a vulnerability from 2011.  Will the Meraki still recognize an attempt to attack this vulnerability since it is past the three year definitions (I'm not using Balanced but Security) and the CVSS score on this vulnerability was only 5 I believe.  My 2911's were originally on the edge and were getting a DDOS on this vulnerability.  I upgraded the IOS but didn't slow them down.  So I moved them to behind my MX100's.  Just wanted to ensure I am seeing a realized benefit by doing that. 

Thank you!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels