Change to How Group Policy is Applied to a Client?

Solved
Twitch
A model citizen

Change to How Group Policy is Applied to a Client?

Morning everyone. I am trying to apply a newly-created group policy to some clients, but I no longer see the option to do so under Network-Wide > Monitor > Clients. It used to be where the yellow highlight is in the screenshot below. I no longer see the option for any clients in our networks.

Has the method to apply the policy changed? If so, I can't find any documentation for it.

Thanks!

Twitch_0-1719495790805.png

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Navigate to  Network-wide >  Monitor > Clients, then check the boxes of the clients that you want to allow list or block. Click on the Policy drop down above the client list, and select blocked or allow listed. To apply the allow list or block on a per-SSID basis or only on the MX security appliance, select Group policy.

alemabrahao_0-1719497076312.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is all you want to know.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Creating_and_Applying...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

jimmyt234
Getting noticed

It's on the bit to the left of where your screenshot shows, here:

jimmyt234_0-1719496864328.png

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Navigate to  Network-wide >  Monitor > Clients, then check the boxes of the clients that you want to allow list or block. Click on the Policy drop down above the client list, and select blocked or allow listed. To apply the allow list or block on a per-SSID basis or only on the MX security appliance, select Group policy.

alemabrahao_0-1719497076312.png

Thanks! The option is there if I tick the box next to the client in the client list, but it is no longer there if I click on the client and open the client details page.

Regardless, I'm all set.

Thanks again!

Client Details page:

Twitch_0-1719498857986.png

Client List:

Twitch_1-1719498902187.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels