Cellular Calling over LAN

SOLVED
CotyMick
Getting noticed

Cellular Calling over LAN

Hey All,

If I wanted to allow Cellular Calling over LAN what PORTS should I open to allow all the carriers? Is there a standard set?

Thanks,

Mick~

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Then UDP 500 and UDP 4500 is what you'll want to make sure is allowed. Should work after that
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Do you mean Wi-Fi Calling?

UDP 500 and UDP 4500 off the top of my head
TwitterLinkedIn

@NolanHerring Yes, WiFi calling.

Then UDP 500 and UDP 4500 is what you'll want to make sure is allowed. Should work after that
TwitterLinkedIn

ESP (Encapsulating Security Payload) is IP Protocol 50, meaning not based on TCP or UDP, and is used to encrypt the important data information. It is a member of the IPsec protocol suite. Keep in mind that it is not port based, so it is unable to be NAT’ed through a router. Nat’ing involves manipulation of the IP Header and TCP/UDP ports, and this poses a problem with ESP.

IPsec uses ESP and takes the original IP information and securely encapsulate it via encryption. This prevents network sniffers from uncovering its original IP Address information while it is in route.

The NAT issue above is resolved by using NAT-T (NAT-Traversal), which wraps ESP into a UDP packet, which now allows the packet to have a destination and source port.

ISAKMP UDP port 500 is used first to establish communication, and then the data of the actual call will use IPsec port 4500 (ipsec-nat-t)
TwitterLinkedIn

Thanks! I'll give it try!

@NolanHerring Thank you! I'll give it a try!

@NolanHerring Thanks for this...it worked!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels