Cannot to communicate to one device across tunnel; others work fine

Solved
JamesD95
New here

Cannot to communicate to one device across tunnel; others work fine

Hello all, 

I am scratching my head on this. Between site A and site B there is a PTP tunnel (both have the same Meraki MXs and Meraki switches) and the sites can see the LANs of one another without a problem except for one device: a HikVison NVR that is at Site A. From Site B I can ping addresses all I want, but not the NVR. The NVR is perfectly pingable from computers on the Site A LAN, and since the LANs can see one another Site B *should* be able to ping it as well. 

Yes, normally I would think it's the NVR itself, but, again, computers on the LAN can see it just fine. (It doesn't really have networking tools in it's config, unfortunately.)

Any ideas why this would be happening? It's not a vlan thing as both networks are flat.

I tried looking in the logs but see nothing for the IP addresses involved. I do see the traffic showing up in the "VPN Status" page under "Uplink Decisions"

1 Accepted Solution
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the NVR have a default route? And what is it pointing to?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the NVR have a default route? And what is it pointing to?

D'oh! So simple... thank you. Makes sense, just frazzled myself too much to recognize it.

Thanks again. 

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I agree with @CptnCrnch on this one.  The NVR will most certainly not have a default-gateway configured, or the wrong one.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels