MX65W (LIC-MX65W-SEC-3YR) RENEWAL

Denis1
New here

MX65W (LIC-MX65W-SEC-3YR) RENEWAL

Hi Community,

I am new in the Meraki Enviroment, My Dashboard has 3 devices which include 2 MX65W  and MX65 all with advances security license for 3 years. One of Device was showing it was about to expire and i procured  a renewal LIC-MX65W-SEC-3YR. But on application it just adds it on top and it give me a licensing problem which i had to un claim. I realized that by default i have co-termination which i did not know prior. Now that i have the renewal code what is the best way of applying this code? If i would want to retain the co-termination model. Please advise

4 REPLIES 4
Roska
A model citizen

Yes, organizations are by default on co-term licensing. Personally I prefer it to Per Device Licensing option I´m running myself. Please note that if you choose to change your licensing model you can´t revert back. Dashboard gives you a warning before confirming the change.

Go to organization -> configure -> license info -> choose renewal option -> input license key.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick Response,

If i may ask if i convert to per device licensing will it affect my device operation in any way, One device individual expiration was on 24th AUG which was Monday this week. I already purchased the license code. Or should  i wait at night such that i have time to handle any uncertainty which could happen. I would also prefer per-device because each business unit handles its renewal

Thanks please advise

Roska
A model citizen

if your BUs are own cost centers I would look into PDL model as it gives you the flexibility to map costs to right BUs more properly. On the other hand the co-term model is just so simple I love it - this depends mostly on your org and BU structure. Network operations are the same, the views for licensing in dashboard just change. That was and still is the tricky part for me. Co-term view was just so simple to get a grip over 🙂

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you have separate expiration dates, you must already be on per device licensing.  When you add the code to the dashboard it should ask you if it is for additional or extending.  If you are currently in co-term mode then all devices have the same expiry date and if you change to PDL then all will have separate expiry dates, but initially all will be the same date as it shows now.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels