Can't create a Group Policy

AxMech
Comes here often

Can't create a Group Policy

Hi everybody,

I have an issue trying to add a new Group Policy (Network-wide -> Group Policies), when I try to add the group even with default options, I got:

AxMech_0-1629815783536.png

There were errors in saving this configuration:

Wpa version WPA3 Transition Mode is not supported on this SSID.

I tried creating the group through Address & Vlans and it worked with default, but when I want to change options and click save I got the same message.

I dont have any AP attached to the Device and I'm not using any wireless configuration all connections are wired.

Any ideas?

Edit: Forget to say that the device is a MX68.

Thanks!

11 Replies 11
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AxMech : Check this

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Troubleshooting_Gr...

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
AxMech
Comes here often

Thanks @Inderdeep but the issue is not related to config is not applying or order of priorities, the issue here is that I cannot create the group policy and if I can create I cannot modify/change due the error in my first post. So, the real issue is Group Policy creation/update.

Thanks!

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AxMech : well if you are not able to split the network, may be you need to open a support ticket on this.

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When you go to org > overview.

Can you select the network and see if your able to split the network. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you see "Wireless" in your network options?  If so, maybe their is a default SSID and you need to change the SSID in that.

Otherwise, this sounds like a Dashboard bug.

No, there is not a wireless section, it's the version without wifi. The weird thing is that the firmware appears to be up to date.

Yuri_Burkinshaw
Comes here often

I'm experiencing the same issue. I created a new subnet and VLAN from "Security & SD-WAN" > "Addressing & VLANs" and created a new group policy as part of the new subnet\VLAN wizard. Now I can't edit that group policy, create new group policies, or edit other group policies on that network; I receive the "Wpa version WPA3 Transition Mode is not supported on this SSID." error each time.

Oh, this is on an MX68W.

@Yuri_Burkinshaw @AxMech  - did you manage to get this resolved?  trying to edit a group policy  on on our dashboard for our MX64 and have this error. We used to have an MR33 on our network, but we removed that last year. No other Meraki wireless devices are on  the network.

I also tried creating a new group policy and immediately get this error so it's not tied to old policies, but any policy...even new?

@starbuckUnfortunately I don't remember exact details anymore but I believe we opened a ticket and confirmed it was an issue. We ended up building around it instead; I can't remember if we split or recreated the network or just temporarily added an old AP.

I opened a case and it's a bit of a dashboard bug.  Even though we removed the old MR33 from our network, the SSID configuration settings persist in the backend database.

To resolve the issue, I had to add the old MR33 back into the network and change the configuration to remove WPA3 transition mode and this resolved the issue.

Fortunately the MR33 was still in my inventory so I was able to add it back in without having the physical device.  I'm a bit concerned about whether I could do that if I unclaimed the device and it was claimed by someone else.

Certainly, I think Meraki has some work to do here with cleaning up configurations when MR devices are removed.  I can't see any clear way to delete an SSID or force the wireless configurations back to 'factory default' at the dashboard level so I had to go manually correct the 3 SSIDs and try to set them back to what is default configurations.

After all that, I was able to remove the MR33 and now I can create/edit Group Policies

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels