Can't Connect MX68 via PPPoE (Private VLAN)

Windo
Comes here often

Can't Connect MX68 via PPPoE (Private VLAN)

My company is setting up an office in Rotterdam which provides Private VLAN via PPPoE.

I've connected an ethernet cable to WAN Port 1 and using another Laptop to access the MX Local Status Page;

Set it to PPPoE;  added the username and password but it's not reaching the cloud. I rebooted the MX a few times and it goes through rainbow colors the status light stays orange.

My main Laptop is connected via ethernet and I get 192.168.60.31 IP while the Gateway / DHCP shows as 192.168.60.254 and DNS 8.8.8.8 / 1.1.1.1

Can I get some help with this, please? my brain has gone down the drain.

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What version are you running? Check it out:

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Security-SD-WAN/MX67-won-t-stay-connected-to-PPPoE/m-p/221983#M49806

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Windo
Comes here often

Hi thanks for replying, I did get the MX connected briefly before when testing a SIM card but I've removed that now.

The firmware shows 18.107.2

We have four active ports in the office and they connect straight away with ethernet on 192.168.60.x range.

Should it connect like that if there's PPPoPE setup, seems like something is off.

I've reached out to the office IT support but trying to get this sorted while I wait for a reply back from them.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You dont have to set vlan tagging?

You could try connect the laptop with pppoe to the wan provider, See if you get ip and can reach the internet

Windo
Comes here often

Unfortunately, I don't have direct access to the Wan provider, only the four active ports (13-16).

I was under the assumption that one of these would be the PPPoE port.

Unless I've got this wrong, either way I'll be chasing the Office IT support

Windo
Comes here often

Just an update that we got this sorted yesterday. a cable wasn't patched in the server room.
Once we got it patched the office IT guy set a specific port on the public-facing WAN router.

Did have issues with the PPPoE config not connecting until we put it on the office public WAN to update the
firmware to 18.107.8 and after a factory reset it connected.

All is good now
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels